Top Ten Things to do in Cornwall
Hand’s up if you love Flambards! Here’s our top ten of things to do and discover at Flambards and why we think it's Cornwall's 'best day of the week!'
Let us know on Facebook what your favourites are!
- Sky Swinger – Swoop into the Sky on Cornwall's newest big ride! Whizzing you round, high above the Park, this is a fabulously fun addition to the family rides at Flambards!
- Victorian Village - This has to be one of the top things to do indoors in Cornwall, it was created starting with just three rooms in 1979 and has over 50 life size scenes depicting Victorian Village life including the butcher’s shop, the bakery, the blacksmiths and the sweet shop.
- Thunderbolt - Only for the daring and those who have a strong stomach! Twist round and upside down and view the clouds (and hopefully some blue sky) from high above the ground. Screams are aplenty on this thrill ride!
- Britain in the Blitz – A life-size re-creation of a London street during wartime Britain. Be transported back to the 1940s by the deafening sound of air-raid sirens and literally feel the floor shake as another bomb hits the target.
- Hornet Rollercoaster - Enjoy the large drops and rapid turns on this fantastic rollercoaster. Suitable for heights above 70cm tall, this is a fantastic family rollercoaster!
- Chemist Timecapsule – Visit the lost chemist shop from 1909. The walls are lined with medicine bottles, apothecary jars, quartz carboys, demijohns, pill dispensers and mortars and pestles. This whole shop was carefully installed to Flambards as it was – lock, stock and cobweb!
- Ferdi’s Funland – From the space shuttle to the classic tea-cup ride there is so much for younger ones to enjoy – plus there are things to do indoors too with soft play zones for rainy days.
- Indoor Exhibitions - There is so much to do at Flambards that even if it rains, it’s still a great day out in Cornwall – discover the Pioneers of Flight and even vintage motorbikes!
- Hands on Science - Dodge the lasers in your quest to defeat the top player, experience the magic behind science and enjoy learning in a fun environment! There is so much to do in the Exploratorium.. you will be amazed!
- Getting Wet on the Logflume – and we all ‘LOVE’ to get wet on the logflume!