Flambards recognises that its activities have an impact on the environment. We have measured and know our carbon footprint and are committed to reducing the impact our activities have on the local environment. We will strive to manage our business and our premises in an environmentally sensitive manner in an ethos for continual improvement.
The Company will continue to:
- Meet with all regulatory and legislative requirements and industry codes of practice relevant to our business activities
- Reduce our energy consumption through using energy efficient products and ongoing management programmes.
- Ensure that our activities/operations do not compromise the local environment.
- Reduce our waste and where possible re-use or recycle the waste products and dispose of all waste responsibly.
- Use local suppliers that maintain local employment where possible for goods and services.
- Ensure all company vehicles are fully maintained and comply with CO2 emission regulations.
- Develop and maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) that provides the means to set relevant objectives and targets and track performances against these.
- Regularly review environmental performance to set objectives and targets to manage our significant aspects to ensure continual improvement.
- Working with suppliers to reduce packaging.
- At quieter visitor times we operate our rides in group sequence, with no loss of service to our visitors. This produces a positive reduction in our energy requirements and has cut our energy and water consumption steadily year on year.
- Joint discount offers with public transport providers and coach companies with on-site drop off point, including timetable information.
- Training and staff education.
- Reduction of our off-site road mileage requirements.
- Provision for cyclists and cycle to work awareness.
- The reduction of water usage by special fittings, monitoring and rainfall collection for plants and greenhouses.
- Re-planting of trees and shrubs.
- Encourage butterflies and small birds by development of our flora and sheltered areas
- Make this policy available to all our employees through training and to our customers and suppliers via our website.