Health & Safety
Health and Safety
- Flambards is fully enclosed making it a safe, controlled environement – not near traffic or natural hazard areas. Once inside, our trained staff together with Security and First Aiders make sure you have a safe and comfortable visit.
- We observe and apply the highest safety standards and Codes of Practice in compliance with our statutory obligations required for a busy visitor attraction.
- Risk assessements are regularly carried out by experienced Managerial Staff, able and qualified to identify potential hazards associated with our visitor operational activities.
- We liaise with the Health & Safety Executive and Cornwall County Council Safety Advisor. Independent Safety Assessors inspect and certificate the rides and exhibitions annually.
- With Teachers’ approval, all young school groups will receive a short Safety & Care briefing on arrival.
- The Company has a comprehensive, written ‘Guidance Notes for School Risk Assessments’. This document lists all aspects required for the Health & Safety implementation operation within our company. A ‘Ride Height Advisory Guide’ shows ride restrictions for a safe visitor and working environment. These are available when you arrange a booking.
Download the risk assessment here.
If you would like any further information or assistance with planning for a school trip - please do not hesitate to contact us.